Terms & Conditions
This page contains our Rules and Regulations. You may wish to print this page for reference. By booking a course with The Spanish Program you agree to be legally bound by these terms.
Our program includes:
- Online Spanish course with video-conference lessons before arriving to Spain
- Spanish course and support during the university term
- Full-board accommodation in your tutor’s home
- 24 credits per semester (4 subjects) to study at the Universidad de Cantabria. Different subjects to choose from. Tuition and administrative fees are included in the program price.
- Universidad de Cantabria sports card, which offers free access to most Racquet Sports, Running, Baseball, Softball and Volleyball schools. Includes other discounts to Sporting activities.
- Free monthly cultural day trips.
- Option to volunteer to teach English to local children.
- Accommodation will be seasonal and provided by Fernando Pérez Cos, DNI 13774598J and Mercedes Sánchez Herreros, DNI 13784841K under the following Spanish legislation: artículo 3 de la Ley 29/1994, de 24 de noviembre, de Arrendamientos Urbanos: “Se considera arrendamiento para uso distinto del de vivienda los arrendamientos de fincas urbanas celebrados para ejercerse en la finca una actividad docente, cualquiera que sean las personas que los celebren”.
- Spanish lessons will be taken at the teacher’s home according to articles III.2.34.1. and Article V.3.3. of the Plan General de Ordenación Urbana de Puente Viesgo: “Se asume como parte del uso de la vivienda el de los despachos de profesionales”.
Fees & Reservations
- To make a reservation, students will have to fill our online registration form or send us an email requesting availability.
- Students will only have their course reserved once we receive instructions confirming the payment of the fees.
- Courses must be paid in full at the time of making a reservation. We may accept at our sole discretion a 25% deposit for making a reservation. In this case, the rest of the fees will be paid at least one week before starting the course.
- If a student needs course confirmation in order to obtain grants or financial help from third parties (such as governments, universities, companies, etc.) the total amount has to be paid as an upfront payment.
- All the bank charges will be paid by the student.
- The Spanish Program reserves the right to deny registrations. This will be communicated to the student when applying for registration.
- Extra costs can be paid once the student is in Spain when these expenses are not included in the course fees and they will be made in Euros.
- The courses must be paid for before the starting date. The student will not be able to attend or stay at the house if they have not been previously paid for.
- The upfront payment may be paid by credit card (via PayPal) or by bank transfer (bank charges will be paid by student). The Spanish Program does not accept cheques.
PayPal or Credit and Debit Card payments
- You agree to pay, using a valid credit card which PayPal or our bank payment system accepts.
- For purposes of identification and billing, you agree to provide our bank or PayPal with accurate, complete, and updated information required on the online order form, including your legal name, address, telephone number(s), email address and applicable payment data (e.g., credit card number and expiration date). Failure to comply with this provision may, at The Spanish Course’s sole discretion, result in immediate suspension or termination of your right to use our Services.
- If your credit card expires, is cancelled, is lost or is subject to use without your authorization, or if your subscription is subject to use without your authorization, notify The Spanish Program and your bank promptly.
- We also accept bank transfer payments to our Spanish account (please ask for account number). All the bank charges will be paid by the student.
- In order to avoid difficulties with the transfer, we kindly ask you to send us a copy of your money order. It is important that you mention your name on your money order.
- The Spanish Program respects your privacy. For that reason we use PayPal to process all payments in a way that we do not have access to your credit card details, just your personal data.
- Any credit card details that you provide to our websites are sent via a secure connection, in an encrypted form, so that this data is only accessible to PayPal. If you want to get more information check PayPal website.
- The Spanish Program, under no circumstances, will provide your name, contact information or any other data provided by you, to a third party, unless you authorize us to do so in written form. We take your privacy and the protection of any personal details that you provide us extremely seriously.
- We will only use the details you have provided to us in order to respond to your communications with us.
Cancellations, Terminations and Refunds Policy
- Our courses are booked in advance. For this reason, in the case of Semester and academic year programs, we regret that fees are non-refundable once the application deadline, set by the Universidad de Cantabria, has passed or by the deadlines set by the Gobierno de Cantabria, in the case of the School year programs. No partial refunds can be granted for courses not attended. Nevertheless, The Spanish Program can change your course dates according to availability if the cancellation is due to an emergency. All cancellations and refund requests must be submitted in writing to The Spanish Course S. C., Barrio Cotillo, 4, Aés, 39670, Puente Viesgo, Cantabria, España or via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Spanish Program may terminate this contract at any time by reimbursing the proportional amount paid by the student.
- The contract will be automatically terminated under the following conditions:
- People who show violent or aggressive attitudes.
- People carrying weapons or items that can be used as weapons.
- People with symbols or clothes that incite to violence, racism, xenophobia or discrimination.
- People who can be dangerous or bother other students, neighbours, staff or any third persons.
- People consuming illegal drugs or having symptoms of have consumed illegal drugs.
- People who are drunk.
- People impeding the normal course of activity.
- Cancellations for any of these reasons will automatically imply expulsion from our premises and no refund granted.
The following charges will apply:
- Fees will be refunded in full when cancelling more than 30 working days prior to the start date of a course or the established deadlines. However, PayPal or other bank’s expenses will be deducted.
- Refunds could be granted after 30 days at the sole discretion of The Spanish Program
- depending on special circumstances.
- Fees will be fully refunded if a course is cancelled by The Spanish Program due to any reason beyond our control, unless one of the mentioned reasons for expulsion is applied. If the course has already started, the proportional fee will be reimbursed.
- Refunds will be made within 15 days of receipt of the request for refund.
- PayPal or any other bank expenses will be deducted in all cases.
- If the cancellation is for a course which included a course confirmation in order to obtain grants or financial support from third parties, official refusal papers from the granting body have to be presented in order to obtain the refund of the amount paid. Previous charges apply.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- You represent and warrant to The Spanish Program that you are at least eighteen (18) years old or that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this agreement and to use the content in accordance with this agreement. If you are less than eighteen years old, you will have to send us a legal authorization from your tutor.
- The Spanish Program will not be held responsible in any way for any accidents, illness, lost of personal effects, thefts, or change in personal circumstances inside or outside school.
- Students will have to accept the rules and regulations of the house. In cases of bad behaviour, students may be expelled from their housing without the possibility of a refund for the days not attended.
- Travel insurance is recommended, as is personal liability insurance for any claims that may arise. Please make sure that you have personal liability insurance.
- European Community nationals are insured through the state insurance fund against accident and illness. Before travelling ask for the E111 form at your local health insurance office.
- Non-European Community nationals should have an international health insurance policy that is valid for Spain.
- Students must confirm flight number, departure place and arrival time before arrival in order to arrange their airport pickup.
- Transport of students from and to The Spanish Program premises are considered “transporte privado complementario” according to Artículo 102 de la Ley 16/1987, de 30 de julio, de Ordenación de los Transportes Terrestres and also according to the 157 of the Real Decreto 1211/1990, de 28 de septiembre, por el que se aprueba el Reglamento de la Ley de Ordenación de los Transportes Terrestres.
- According to article 41.2.c. of the Real Decreto 1211/1990, de 28 de septiembre, por el que se aprueba el Reglamento de la Ley de Ordenación de los Transportes Terrestres, “no es necesaria la obtención de título administrativo habilitante, para el transporte privado de viajeros que se realicen en vehículos de turismo”.
- You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Spanish Course and its Affiliates from and against any and all liability and costs incurred by The Spanish Course or the Affiliates in connection with any claim arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of your obligations set forth herein.
- European Union citizens do not need any visa to attend our courses.
- Non-European Union citizens should get information at a Spanish embassy or consulate about requirements to study in Spain.
- Please, check the following link for Student’s Visa applications: http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/MIAMI/en/InformacionParaExtranjeros/Pages/Visa%20Requirements/Student-Visa.aspx
- If the student needs a confirmation letter from the school in order to apply for a visa, the total amount of the program has to be paid as upfront payment. The only acceptable form of payment is bank transfer.
- The Spanish Program will only issue confirmation letters for courses of at least a week length.
- Once The Spanish Program has received the upfront payment, the letter will be sent to the address given by the student. If the student requires to get the confirmation letter sent by a courier (such as UPS), student will have to pay for these costs in advance.
- Student is responsible for the whole visa application process.
- The Spanish Program recommends the student to allow enough time for visa application process.
- The Spanish Program cannot be made responsible if visa is rejected.
- If student cannot attend the course due to visa refusal, the student or representative has to provide us with the official document of denial which clearly states the name of the student, passport number and requested visa (with date signed and stamped), issued by the embassy or consulate.
- In order to obtain a refund of the upfront payment, the cancellation (with the denial document) has to be received in writing by The Spanish Program at least 30 days before the planned course starts. The Spanish Program will refund the upfront payment minus 150 euros and possible administration costs (bank charges, faxes, phone calls, etc.).
- If the cancellation is received in less than 30 days before the course start, there will be no refund.
- Discount promotions and special offers are not applicable for courses requiring the above mentioned confirmation letter.
Changes to terms & Conditions
- The Spanish Course may change these terms at any time by posting changes on this website. Please, review terms & conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by The Spanish Course
- If you have any questions regarding our Terms and Conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us.